Sunday, May 3, 2009

The People we elect to council us

So I was thinking about what has been going on with the swine flu and everything. Is it really unexpected that the first death for the US would be in a major city like Houston? Or that severely sick would be transported to hospitals in Houston in an endeavor to save lives? Apparently to Toni Lawrence it is a surprise with her quotes like this one:
"I'm very concerned about this disease, I'm very concerned someone died from it and I'm very concerned council wasn't told about this. We need to be aware of this and continue to do things for Houston and not for anybody else."
taken from http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6398202.html
this was in response to the death of the Mexican boy in Houston. yes. re-read that last sentence. she says screw you to everyone else. who cares that Houston has amazing medical facilities that could be a real boon to people in the coming days if this flu does become a severe problem in the US. She wants to turn our city into a self serving place that will tell young toddlers to go somewhere else to die because we are too afraid to try and help them since they aren't from around here.
Hell it annoyed me enough that i sent an e-mail to her telling her how disappointed I was in her humanity. I would ask that no one votes for her but since I think this is her last term as City Council Member of Houston that really wouldn't pan out too well. instead....send an e-mail to districta@cityofhouston.net or call 832-393-3010 to tell her your opinion of Houston saying get lost to dying two year old children.
I know some of you may think that it would be better to not have the sick brought to Houston, to that I say to you, why the hell are you living in or near Houston then? This city has good medical facilities and the sick have always been brought for aid into our hospitals. To shut our doors now when it may end up being most needed is one of the saddest, most deplorable, despicable, irresponsible acts that the city of Houston is capable of doing.
Hopefully you will be willing to pass this on and/or call/e-mail Toni Lawrence with your opinion on her stance for closing Houston's hospitals to the sick just because they aren't from around here.
comment or flame me as you wish,
Raoul Olmos

2 comments:

Tonia said...

I'm confused, did you write this or did Raoul?

Mountain Birdie said...

Raoul did. I copied and pasted it since i have friends that read this and not emails.