They have a really awesome collection of Art, modernist, contemporary stuff. I had to go because I needed to write a review on Kurt Schwitters: Color and Collage. There was some really interesting working in the surrealist section, a needle armor and cubist primitive work. We weren’t allowed to take Pictures while in there. Also…if you have YOUNG children say 5 and under…Not Child friendly.
Unlike the MFA building that has tape up every were so or Glass in the Menil building you can walk up and touch the art works. THEY do have security in EVERY room. Or they just follow you around, glaring. Sierra’s one room that she like was a recreation of a room that Schwitters build, It was destroyed in the war. In 1982-3 another man recreated it, sorry forgot his name. that would be worth taking kids too see. Mainly cause it’s the one room that you can interact with. The Menil excepts donations, but don’t charge. Sierra and I got in on a dollar.
So since Schwitters was a Dadaist and cubist, I did end up getting inspired to make this:
So this is a cigar box. What you see on it
are my Domino Tiles. “Mommys little box
of Buttens” (thanks Anna for the spelling)
On our trip home we stop by this crafter’s thrift
store, Man AWESOME stuff. They had some
letter press stamp stuff and Christopher Robin.
Plus a MunCHICHI. You have no idea how exciting
it was finding that. Back to the box. They had really
Inexpressive buttons there, So I got some to use on my Kanazashi flowers. Well they didn’t fit into my jar so I decided that I could now use the cigar box. However it needed a make over. I don’t smoke, but the
boxes are useful and they sell them cheap. So I started to paint it. Then had an epiphany that I should do this. The next time I have a few changed that I am going to make. Grouting fit would be one of them.
Or painting it black instead of white, so if I missed a spot wouldn’t stick out so much.
Well that is all for now
2 comments:
I like your domino pieces the colors are awesome!
I know I am totally the Goddess.
Post a Comment