Monday, June 28, 2010

not been posting lately

So, i guess i am a slacker.  I don’t do that many post
and i really don’t know how many read my blog.
Anyway here are some of the new pictures i have taken of my work. 
DSC_3597 This is a Tea set, I made for Mom.  As a thank you for all the help
that she has given me watching my Mountain bird, while i Have
Been in school.  I really liked how it turned out.  So far this is the
Best body of work I have done.

DSC_3606 DSC_3605

This is a set of Five tea cups with saucers.  The glaze is called Pier black
and has a really nice “Hare fur” effect.  plus is gets really nice drips.

DSC_3608
These are my two favorite mugs that i have made so far.
They are the natural clay showing mostly with a Shino on just the rim.  I also put Terra sig on the out side (made from the same clay body as the mugs) which ended up acting like a flashing slip.

IMG_2911 IMG_2909

This is one of the my Woman forms i refer to as my ladies.
There is not any glaze used on her.  Its just the raw clay.
Which this one is Colman Porcelain, the sash is a recycled porcelain with a colorant added to it.  

IMG_2917 IMG_2920

This is my other favorite on that i did.  She is also just raw clay.
for her dress I used my high fire Tara sig.  The sashes are really
delicate and brake easily.

Well That is about it.  I will have more up soon.  I am taking a brake from Packing. 

1 comment:

M and W said...

Those look awesome!!! I like those two ladies you did!