So I have a ton of thing to do before the end of school. Manly essays that no matter what I do wont write themselves… I hate/really dislike writing. But I also have a ton of work to do for my independent classes.
I have two: first on is on Tea Pots-sets, 7pg essay on the history of teapots, Ten: tea pots to throw, two have to be sets. Second one is: 20 mugs/cup (done), 10 pitchers (done) 10 lidded forms, and 15 flat ware. Which brings us today.
So I got a magazine Pottery Illustrated, which is an awesome magazine. In there was an article on how to make foam mold. Which for me is great. I love working it temperamental clay and there is a reason that you don’t see large patters that are thrown out of porcelain, cause they crack and would be very expensive by the time they make it through the firing proses without cracking. So using slabs of porcelain in these molds I could make larger items for center pieces or trays. Which I am going to experiment with tomorrow, got the stuff to do it today.
Chi-bi and I got these upside down hangers for tomatoes and strawberries. We are going to see how they are going to work. I haven’t planted the strawberry one yet. but I am working on some designs to do hanging gardens on my porch. Since its always in the sun, I’d like to get some bonsai tree started, to this summer, for hanging. We did get a hanging basket of Strawberries, there are 3 pants in it. And a tie dye tomato plant, Chi-bi keeps calling “Mr. Potato” I also got a wireless drill. Much needed little more then I was looking to spend. But glad I got it, came with two batteries, flash light, charger and extra drill bits. So, I am now selling my other drill. Let me know if you are interested. Here are the pictures.
Last weekend I got a pair of bare foot shoes from Vibram. These are the KSO, most of the time they are sold out in my size where I ever/whenever I have looked. The owner of “Free Your Feet” have the only pair in the area. They are really cool, if you like going bare foot these are the shoes for you. I have also noted that in wearing the straight for the last week my feet don’t hurt from being on them all day. I am looking for a solid black pair so they are less noticeable when out. I love my new shoes, now the only reason I have for wearing tennis shoes is when I am visiting the cold lands of ice and snow…
These are my birthday present to myself, its an early gift. Thank you ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment