Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why Mom is the Coolest

So, I got to take Chi-bi to Chicago.  Which was awesome cause I got to touch Ruth Duckworth’s mural
Earth, Sky and Water at the University of Chicago.  As a modernist sulpture she did a lot helping ceramics move into being more of a Fine Art then craft. BUT that isn’t why Mom is the Coolest.
Mom is the coolest because I got a totally RANDOM request.  Saturday night before I left, Mom came over to bring an Ice chest and watch Chi-bi for me so I could go and get my phone that I had forgotten
at a friends house…because I am blond. So, when I got back Mom asked if I was driving through Arkansas. And Yes I was, I was going to be staying with Elizabeth Butler.  I was then ask if I could pick up something from her.  Which lead to a really cool detour, on the way home.  I was asked to pick up a
sewing machine, treadle sewing machine that is really heavy. 
  On the why back we picked it up.  But getting there we got lost, well not lost since I knew where I was.
I forgot to set the thingy that lets you know how far you have gotten cause she was 1.7 miles from town.
one, almost two towns later stopped at a house and asked where it was.  I had missed it.  But in
turning about and heading back, we saw: Camels and Zebra.  This House also had lamas, goats and some other animals.  (wish I had a telephoto lens)

IMG_5138

IMG_5144

I didn’t get a photo of the machine that I drove to pick up.  I should have, when I got there.  Chi-bi played with the ladies son for 2 hrs. got all of that energy out, so she could crash in the car.
I did pull over once to get a picture of the Wisteria, it is one of my favorite flowers, I have three.  But out of the three it’s the most fragrant.  This one vine had grown over a fence and made use of a bamboo grove and a old, tall dead tree.  was really pretty.
                          

                          IMG_5093

                                       IMG_5100

                                      IMG_5094
She was afraid of the honey bees that where flying around.  I put her is a spot that there were only a few.  Told her that if she left them along they would leave her alone, that I would really like a photo of her matching the flowers.  She was awesome, she couldn’t relax though, can’t blame her.

                                      IMG_5110

                                      IMG_5128

Thank you mom for the request so I could get some really cool pictures.  Chi-bi was excited about the flowers and the animals we got to see.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

That is a cool pix of her and the flowers.