Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Plato’s Meno

I don’t know how many have read Plato’s Meno, but it is one of the hardest and most dry reads that I can think of.  I have come to that conclusion that our college professor's hate students.  Most here (UHCL) really don’t want to see their students fail cause it reflects their teaching.  However on this book 5 of my fellow students have decided to quit the class. 

So Here is an exercise for you to try. 
Question?  What is Virtue?  Can you teach it? Learn it? Are you born with it?  Can you define it on your own with out looking it up?

3 comments:

Teresa said...

You're stalling, waiting for someone to write your paper for you. Muhahahahaha, it shan't be me.

Mountain Birdie said...

well brian was going to help the flacked out.

Anonymous said...

I think virtue is having the self discipline to do what is right. I think we all are born with a sense of good and evil but as we get older our judgment is clouded by the views of the world around us. I do believe there are natural laws that govern things. Almost everyone has a sense of fairness, honesty, and the desire for respect.