Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Art…

So, I have four projects that I am working on in my ceramics class this fall.  1. an installation 2. 2-3 part mold that I can add to or take away from 3. press mold of my face and turn it into something. and 4. Goblets, functional and non-functional.

So, here is what another potter friend of mine said.  That we have a life time to produce pottery for our masses of fans.  And only a short time to work on art.  Which is why at a university level they don’t like the normal mugs, bowls and plates.  And why they give the really random projects to push the students in a direction that is more artistic and less crafty.  Anyway I found some cool pictures of some other work by ceramic artist that are rather fun.

coffee-kiss-sculpture by Yuanyang II hong knog museum of art  Coffee Kiss Sculpture
by: Yuan Yang II
Museum of Arts, Hong Kong

little-joseph-candles

Little Joseph Heads
Don’t know the artist
These little heads are rather fun, if you use drip-less candles they stay bald.  If using drip candles the wax drops give these babies a hair due.

Steve Irvine pinhole camora1

Pinhole Camera
By: Steve Irvine
The article on him, is that he is a potter, photographer can combined his two favorite things.   Into a ceramic pinhole camera.
he is out of Ontario, Canada

blue%20vessel

Don’t know the artist.
Figurative form hand built from slab
most likely

ceramic_1

Nan Smith

ceramic_2

ceramic_3

ceramic_4

wallflower

The Wallflower
Christianna Hunnicutt 
I am thinking Pit fired

mother_child Christianna Hunnicutt

Mother and Child
Christianna Hunnicutt
Raku

offering362x504

Offering
Christianna Hunnicutt

sharing_family

Sharing Family
Christianna Hunnicutt

sisters951

Sisters
Christianna Hunnicutt

hotseat 
Hot Seat
Christianna Hunnicutt

http://www.investinthearts.com/christiannahunnicutt.shtml

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Some of those are pretty cool